Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Finally! The Big Announcement


Welcome to my blog......my journey to the Olympics!  Today has been an amazing day!  For the past 6 months, I have had a secret and today I finally got to tell the world.  I have been selected to carry the torch in the 2012 Olympics!  Where are the 2012 Olympics you ask........in London!!  


During the past months I have found out all kinds of exciting things about the Olympics and the torch relay.  I never thought about it or paid much attention and now I am finding out that it is this really fascinating event.  I always thought the people who carried the torch were celebrities and athletes and had no idea that this is a way for everyday people like myself to be a part of this world event.  Over the next few months I will share with you the things I find out and discover on my journey.


I am probably more excited than words can express.......it such an honor to be able to represent my country in this event.  Even more of an honor is knowing that when I carry the torch, it will be for and because of the men and women who proudly serve our country.  Without their service and sacrifice, Hero Hugs would have never been, so I owe this experience all to them!    


So today I share my amazing news and start this blog, my journey to the Olympics.  Over the next few months I will share with you all the exciting things I am learning as I take off on the experience of a lifetime.      

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Bailey! I am so proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a wonderful student! Keep up the good work!

    ~Twilight Sparkle

    ReplyDelete